Mac file system
In Mac system there are number of file systems to store huge amount of data. The HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT etc. are different file structures in the Mac OS X to store lost of data on the hard drive. In the Mac system all data gets stored on various sections of the hard drive. Thus, whenever there is any corruption or damages in the Mac hard drive the system let user know by generating few specific symptoms.
Some major symptoms are are below:
- Mac OS X does not boots up.
- The system shuts down in middle of working.
- The system starts up and then frequently crashes.
File system error
Such symptoms generally indicates that the file structure of Mac system is somehow damaged and thus user cannot access data from the Mac hard drive. Even sometime user also receive many file system error messages when trying to access damaged Mac volume. One such error message is as below:
“-123 wrgVolTypErr Not an HFS volume [wrong volume type error or (obsolete) operation not supported for MFS]”.
Resolve file system error on Mac
In order to heal and troubleshoot the issue of Mac file system user can try the methods below:
- At first start your Mac in safe mode and process automatic disk repair.
- Secondly you can use the in-built Disk Utility in Mac that is very helpful in fixing minor disk problems in Mac.
- Still if the problem exist then try running FSCK command on command prompt.
- And if nothing helps then it is better to format the hard drive and use third party Mac data recovery software.
Mac data recovery software
As formatting drive removes all stored data from the drive thus to recover erased data with best Mac data recovery tool is used. The tool is very safe to use without any risk of data loss as it includes a read-only feature. Thus, only the original data is recovered without any alteration. The software is highly enriched with easy to use interface and can be used with all Mac OS X versions without any problem.